100% Einkorn Wheat Sourdough Bread

 I took one cup of my Einkorn Wheat starter and mixed in 3 cups of freshly milled einkorn wheat flour with filtered water. The texture is fairly wet. I let that ferment overnight. It was very active and frothy the next morning. I then mixed in about 4 cups of einkorn wheat flour in the mixer. I added 1/4th cup of raw honey, 1/4th cup of extra virgin olive oil and 2T Baja Gold sea salt. I mixed until the dough clinged to the dough hook and cleaned the sides of the mixing bowl. I gave it a good mix. I then took the dough ball and cut it in half without punching it down. I place the 2 loaves into proofing baskets and placed them on the counter covered with a dish cloth over night. The next morning the loaves had risen by 1/3rd. I then pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees for 38 minutes. They turned out excellent.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Tex-Mex food is good for the soul!

Southeast Texas a Culinary Smorgasbord