Chicken Soup with brown rice



Lately I have been eating much more healthful foods. I got to thinking about all the ingredients. I decided to make my first appearance in Whole Foods. I bought all organic foods and used only the finest body friendly ingredients. After I bought the fresh organic celery I was amazed at the intensity of the flavor. Organic celery is 100 times better than any variety I have used in the past. Then came the organic carrots. My goodness they taste like berries! They are the best flavored carrots I have ever consumed. They are fresh and slam packed with vitamins and nutrients. Combining all organic vegetables and a beautiful fresh $14 organic chicken is a marriage made in heaven. I even used fresh cracked black pepper so I did not insult the other ingredients. My method for cooking this pot of chicken soup was pretty simple. I put the chicken in the pot with 1.5 gallons of water and added onions, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, basil, cilantro, fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt. I slow boiled the stock until the chicken was cooked and not over-cooked. I then removed the chicken and strained the stock. I added more carrots and celery with one pound of mushrooms that I quartered. I cooked the carrots, celery and mushrooms until the were barely done. I then served the stock with the carrots, celery and mushrooms and I added chicken and organic short grain brown rice. Look at the pictures! This was so delicious words will not do justice. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Shrimp & Grits

The nutritional benefits of milling your own grains