Coconut Shrimp #aaayyyeee



I recently had the craving for coconut shrimp.  My lovely wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in New Orleans.  On one of our many excursions through the French Quarter, we stopped at a small local café and had their coconut shrimp.  They were delicious and the following is a close recipe we have enjoyed here at home -

1 pound of Jumbo white gulf shrimp, wild of course (18 count)
2 egg whites
1 T corn starch
1 C organic coconut
a little pink Himalayan sea salt after the shrimp are fried.
coconut oil

I cleaned, de-veined and butterflied the shrimp.  I dried them in a paper towel.  I put 1 T of corn starch in a grocery bag and dropped in the shrimp.  I shook up the grocery bag so all the shrimp would have a fine dusting of corn starch.  I beat up the 2 egg whites and dipped the shrimp in for a good coating.  I then rolled the shrimp in the coconut and put them in a black iron skillet on a medium heat.  If it is too hot you will burn the coconut.  When they are golden brown, place them on a paper towel to drain.  Then add the salt as desired. 

I did not do any research and as far as I know, I created this recipe.  Think about it, it just makes sense.















Enjoy ~

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Shrimp & Grits

Blackened Cod