Blackened Cod



Paul Prudhomme was the king of blackening fish.  His blackened red fish brought the red fish to the brink of extinction!  Well maybe not that extreme, but it was bad.  If all of Prudhomme's methods are done correctly, in a residential setting, you have to do it outside.  The cloud of smoke will run you out of the house.

It has been raining constantly for 4 days and I was looking for an opportunity to blacken the cod outdoors.  I needed to get them cooked, so I modified the method and it turned out great!

I rinsed the fillets and patted dry.  I sprinkled granulated garlic, granulated onion, fresh cracked black pepper, pink Himalayan sea salt and sweet organic paprika. both sides.  I put them all in a black iron skillet and put the heat on low.  I put a few tablespoons of grass-fed butter in the skillet with the fillets until it completely melted. I then removed from the heat and carefully dipped the top of each fillet in the butter.

I pre-heated the broiler to high and cooked for about 3 minutes.  It does not take long and it does not create the smoke bomb a white hot skillet creates.  Enjoy ~


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Shrimp & Grits