Homemade Mayonnaise

After experimenting with various flavors and methods the following is my conclusion to a very flavorful base mayonnaise.  Adding ingredients such as Sriracha adds a bit of color and fire.  Homemade mayo is very easy and well worth the effort.

Ingredients:


1/2 T pink Himalayan sea salt

1/2 T granulated onion
1/2 T granulated garlic
1/2 T ground yellow mustard seed
2 T apple cider vinegar
The juice of 1 lime
3 C avocado oil
2 large eggs

Method:


Add all ingredients except to oil to a wide mouth quart Mason jar.  I use a submersible blender and I mix the ingredients.  I then continuously run the blender while I relatively slowly add the avocado oil.  I fill up the Mason jar as much as possible without making a mess.  I blend well and then I refrigerate.  The flavor is excellent!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Shrimp & Grits

Blackened Cod