Seafood Fried Rice

I love good fried rice.  The Asian food options in Houston are many. This recipe incorporates many of my favorite flavors and methods.

I like to cook one big batch and eat it for 4 or 5 days.  This batch was no different.

Ingredients -

2 LBS of calamari
2 LBS of large gulf shrimp
1 LBS large scallops
1 large onion
Fresh ginger, I use about 1/8 Cup
Fresh garlic I like a lot, 1/8 Cup
celery 5 stalks
cilantro, 1/2 bunch
green onion - 3 stalks
2 Cups roasted almonds chopped
2 Cups fresh mushrooms quartered
1/2 Cup water chestnuts
1/2 C mini corn
2 Cups snow peas of green beens
1/2 Cup bamboo shoots
1/4 Cup oyster sauce
1/8 Cup fish sauce
black pepper
4 T powdered ginger
2 T granulated onion
2 T granulated garlic
1/8 C sesame oil
6 C cooked rice
Corn starch or arrowroot slurry to tighten up the liquid

Heat up a large wok using sesame oil- Add your onion and cook till medium brown, add fresh ginger and fresh garlic only for a minute or two. Then add the celery, oyster sauce, fish sauce, seafood followed up by the rest of the ingredients holding back the green onions and rice for a few minutes until the shrimp are barely done, then add the slurry for a minute to tighten up the liquids and then add the rice and tumble together. Add the green onion when done.  Enjoy

Note: I don't like green peas, if I did I would use them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Shrimp & Grits

Blackened Cod