Fried Soft-Shelled Crabs







Soft-shelled crabs are delicious any way you do them. Sauteed, baked, broiled or fried, they are real hard to beat. Just about anything tastes better fried. Rock hard abs need not apply. I had the hankerin' for some sea food so I went to my favorite family owned seafood place and put in my order. I had never heard of Black Sable cod! But, I have now. Absolutely the best fish I have ever had and that is saying a lot. I will be a very frequent customer in the future. I bought fresh soft-shelled crabs, black sable cod, shrimp, scallops and calamari (squid). All along the devil on my right shoulder wanted fried fish and that is what he got.

Here is how I cooked them. I used a simple Japanese tempura batter recipe I pulled out of the air. 3/4 cup of all purpose flour and 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1 egg and ice cold water to thin it down. Very simple and very effective. I seasoned the fish with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and Lawry's Seasoned salt. I did not season the soft-shelled crabs, shrimp or calamari before they were cooked. I sprinkled sea salt on them when they came out hot. Slap your dog good. Enjoy the pics........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Shrimp & Grits

The nutritional benefits of milling your own grains