Crawfish Pie #aaayyyeee

Crawfish Pie

I like to use southeast Texas crawfish when they are available.  The next best thing are Lousiana crawfish.  Although I have used the Chinese imported crawfish many times to make etouffee and gumbo.  It just doesn't feel right!  I got the urge for a crawfish pie the other day and I bought 2lbs of crawfish tails.  It turned out real good.  Here are the ingredients -

2 lbs southeast Texas crawfish tail meat (tastes better than LA) ~ :o)
2 medium 10/15 onions
2 bell peppers with the skin removed (blister method)
6 stalks of celery
5 carrots chopped
3 green onion stalks
1 cup of okra
1 T black pepper
1/2 T pink Himalayan sea salt
2 T thyme
5 cloves of garlic
3 T extra virgin olive oil
cayenne pepper to taste

Pie Crust

4 cups of sifted flour (I like to grind my own summer wheat berries)
8 ozs butter
1 cup of water +-
2 t pink Himalayan sea salt

I use a #12 black iron skillet and it works perfect.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clay's Seafood Gumbo #aaayyyeee

Shrimp & Grits

Blackened Cod